Astra Steel & Engineering Supplies is a wholly owned division of Astra Holdings Limited. The company was started in 1946 as a reinforcing steel sub-contractor and was known as Henry Dunn Steel. Astra Holdings Group of Companies acquired it and very quickly diversified and added additional products to its product range.
In 1996 when one of its sister companies, Astra Engineering, folded up, Henry Dunn Steel took over some of Astra Engineering’s business and the company adopted the name Henry Dunn Steel & Engineering Supplies. In 2001 when Astra Limited Group restructured, Henry Dunn Steel & Engineering Supplies became part of Astra Industries Limited, quoted company on the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange. The organisation changed its name from Henry Dunn Steel & Engineering Supplies to Astra Steel & Engineering Supplies in September 2003 to identify with the powerful Astra brand.
Astra Steel & Engineering Supplies employs a highly skilled management team and workforce and all steel and engineering products sold meet international quality standards, with Test Certificates being provided on request.
The organisation is now a leading Zimbabwean reinforcing steel sub-contractor, engineering and steel merchant, supplying all sectors of the economy including construction, mining, agriculture and industry
VISION / MISSIONOur vision is to be the dominant steel and engineering products supplier to the local and chosen export markets by providing quality products and services for the benefit of all stakeholders.
We operate out of two main centres; Harare and Bulawayo.
Our contact details are as follows:
53 PLYMOUTH ROAD
CNR PLUMTREE/HANLEY STREET